Subject: [Leica] R 19 Elmarit ...
From: michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema)
Date: Wed Aug 16 14:39:18 2006

Steve Barbour wrote:
> a question regarding using the Leica R 19 Elmarit on the Canon 5D...
>

>  I believe the first version is fine, but the second version R 19 on
> the 5D is a no-no...
>

> that is correct ?
>

> thanks, Steve

Yes, that has been reported like that.
Unfortunate it will also not take  my beloved elmarit 24. It will take
my also beloved elmarit 28. I already have the adapter, can't yet afford
the 5D but hope to very soon.

BTW: I was in Paris again on Tuesday and today. It was very strange. In
August the French are on holiday and Tuesday was a bank holiday. Paris
was deserted it looked like a small town, except for the obvious tourist
places. On Place de la Concorde there was a Chinese wedding shoot going
on and at palais royal I saw a fashion photo shoot. This guy was using a
Pentax 67 and only using natural light, no flash! Film is not dead!
Best thing, there was hardly any traffic. This morning it took only 45
minutes to get work instead of the 2 hours it can take normally.

Cheers,

Michiel Fokkema

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] R 19 Elmarit ...)
Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] R 19 Elmarit ...)