Subject: [Leica] The advantages of a top floor apartment
From: at (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed Aug 16 09:59:36 2006

Hello Henning,
thanks for taking a look, some stuff taken in and around the town is in the
works - even some shots
of a unique steam powered bus named Elizabeth, and some quite astounding
shots  (to me at least) of
heavy weather brewing over the bay.
I hope to manage to get some posted over the weekend.
best from Hannover

Henning Wulff wrote:
> At 5:56 PM +0200 8/15/06, Douglas Sharp wrote:
>> Just back from three and a half weeks holiday in the UK - Sifting
>> through 6GB of files, the 20 or so
>> films have yet to be processed, here's a first selection.
>> Whitby Regatta Week: Aerobatic display with the Red Arrows
>> Heading straight for the window of
>> our fifth floor apartment
>> Flypast 1
>> Flypast 2
>> Another day - Whitby Lifeboat Day: Whitby lifeboat (Severn Class) and
>> a Sea King from Boulmer doing
>> rescue and winching displays
>> Two
>> men on a rope
>> Getting downwind
>> Not
>> quite close enough
> Very nice, Douglas. In 1974 I spent a day in Whitby, and took a couple
> of rolls of film. A very charming town with an amazingly picturesque
> harbour. The old church on the south side and the ruined abbey were some
> of the other highlights. If you have more from there I'd be delighted to
> see them.
> p.s. I bought a Sutcliffe book while there :-)

Message from henningw at (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] The advantages of a top floor apartment)