Subject: [Leica] 200mm
From: Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Tue Aug 15 15:56:01 2006

Hi Jim:

Jim:

I have that one too, but I used the older 200mm because I wanted to see
if its reputation for good bokeh is accurate.

http://www.half-fast.com/Takumar-200/Takumar-200.jpg

I counted 18 aperture blades... which was a big surprise to me.

It's pretty easy to use with the isDS set on aperture priority.  For the
following photos I set the ISO to 1600 so that I could shoot at f5.6 to
f11, but with fast shutter speeds to catch the movements of the swimming
birds.

http://www.half-fast.com/Takumar-200/

As you can see, I'm no Doug Herr or Bob Palmieri. ;-)

The first picture was an attempt to show the bokeh, the buildings were
about 1/4 mile away from me.

It's a nice lens and it doesn't show any chromatic aberration but "it
ain't no floater".

Jim

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] 200mm)
Message from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Old lenses on a new camera)