Subject: [Leica] Lens advice, too pretty to use?
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sun Aug 13 19:11:27 2006

Folks, I've recently shopped for an M mount 135 to use and ended up with a
lovely old 1960 Elmar M in fine condition and it has tested well.

However, I have just received a second lens. This is the Tele Elmar f4 135
(Wetzlar) from about 1975 production, I think.  #2756xxx.

I bought it because I read good reports on their performance. I know that
135s are not hugely popular but it makes sense to me.

(I have a 90 that I like very much and use a lot)

Anyway, I've found that the lens is actually new in the original box with
the accessories, the original warranty card and even the original serial
numbered plastic bag (opened).

There is no sign at all that the lens has ever even been on a camera. The
seller previously had a Leitz agency, apparently. I got a lovely near mint
leather bag from him as well.

I'm a user and have no collector knowledge at all. Do the LUG members think
it worthwhile to just leave this one unused, as possibly of some collector
interest/value?

Any advice would be appreciated. Feel free to tell me to just use it, if you
think it's just a common find.

Regards

Hoppy

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Lens advice, too pretty to use?)