Subject: [Leica] Hand Baggage - Three Questions
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Sat Aug 12 15:41:11 2006

Tom

I learned my lesson well almost 20 years ago. Went on assignment to
Haiti and, as always, hand carried photo gear. Unfortunately, I had
insulin and needles in my checked-in backpack.  I made it to Port au
Prince and the backpack  went on a  side trip to Paris or Algeria. (my
next to the last last AirFrance flight) I managed to find some IM
needles in what past for a  local pharmacy and did  get by with what
little meds I had in my pocket. Several obvious things;

1.If you need it, carry it.
2. Always carry more than you need
3. Use AirFrance as a last resort.
4. If it is the last resort and you have no choice but AirFrance, take a
bus.
5. Only eat American or Canadian fries. :-)