Subject: [Leica] LHSA meeting next month
From: telyt at telus.net (David Young)
Date: Sat Aug 12 09:19:53 2006

At 12/08/2006, you wrote:

>All joking aside the upcoming LHSA meeting will be a good test to see
>if Leica has finally woken up. They would be fools of colossal
>proportions if they do not show the M8 even if it is just a
>prototype.

G'mornin' John!

I'm sure that Leica will be showing/pushing the M8 at every
opportunity. This should be possible as they will be showing it at
Photokina the weekend  before the LHSA meet, so we'll probably see it
first, there.

I've signed up for the Leica Akademie, after the LHSA meet. They're
promising to let us play with a pre-production M8. In fact, the
entire seminar (according to the promotional text) is to be based on
the "M8d" or  "D1" or whatever it will be called.   The  Akademie has
been limited to 20 people, and the implied promise is that we'll each
get one to play with for a day.  On that score, I'm doubtful....  but
ever optimistic! ;-)

If it's true, I'll be posting a comparison of the M8d to the R8/DMR
combo, in late October. So stay tuned!

Cheers!
---

David Young,