Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Spanish-French LUG chapter reunion in Donostia/San, Sebastian
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Fri Aug 11 14:14:49 2006

Hola Felix,

I hope your wife feel better.

Why not in Perpignan?

Saludos cordiales,
Luis

-----Mensaje original-----
De: lug-bounces+luisripoll=telefonica.net@leica-users.org
F?lix L?pez de Maturana
Enviado el: viernes, 11 de agosto de 2006 19:35
Para: lug@leica-users.org
Asunto: [Leica] Re: LUG Spanish-French LUG chapter reunion in Donostia/San,
Sebastian

> Nice to know about your meeting, I hope have new opportunities.
>
> Saludos desde Barcelona
> Luis

Sebastian

> I was delighted to finally meet Felix Lopez de Maturana in person in his
> home town of San Sebastian last week whilst on holiday in the south west
of
> France.
>
> Felix is known to many of you and has an impressive collection of Leicas,
> Nikons and other cameras. He was easy to spot outside the theatre
Kuursaal,
> immaculately dressed with Leica M7 and 28mm f2 summicron.
>

> We had a very nice stroll around the old town of San Sebastian before
Felix
> invited us to have lunch with him in one of his favourite restaurants.
There
> of course we discussed cameras and our various friends on the LUG.  Next
> time perhaps we can arrange for Luis and Nathan to join us. Maybe Steve
> could drop off from London as well!
>

> I showed Felix my little ?O? series replica which has always been a
> favourite Leica of mine. However closer inspection of Felix?s M7/28mm
combo
> had me wondering why on earth I had ever bought it. Seems a veritable
> antique alongside the M7!
>

> You can see a couple of shots of Felix and I on the link below.
>

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album369
>

> I hope I have the opportunity to catch up with Felix again as I may be
> moving to Bordeaux, which is a lot closer to San Sebastian than Orleans!
>
> A wonderful afternoon and great to meet a LUG member in person!
>

> Kind regards
>

> Jeff le kiwi

Thanks indeed Luis!

Jeff is a fantastic guy and his parents are truly wonderful! The Leica
"0" is a nice camera. I'm sure that, however I strongly depend of my
wife's health, we'll be able to arrange a meeting including other
luggers as Natham, and Steve if possible and it could be in Barcelona or
in Donostia.

Kind regards.

Felix