Subject: [Leica] Great Grandmother 2
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Fri Aug 11 09:32:38 2006

2006-08-11-10:18:36 Tina Manley:
> For those who wanted the background blurred and more of a "film" look:
> http://www.pbase.com/image/64979972
>
> What do you think?

Naaah.  Now that you've posted this, I can see that the table and remote
control or phone or whatever it is might be distracting to some...  but
I never noticed that stuff, because my eye was naturally drawn to the
primary subjects, who are compelling.  I just didn't see the clutter.

The worked-over version just looks fakey.  The image works as originally
presented;  the fiddling around actually lessens its impact for me,
because something about the net result no longer reads as "real" in the
same way.

 -Jeff