Subject: [Leica] A night on Route 119 - Dead German - No Head
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Aug 11 07:12:20 2006

Hoppy offered in response to Rabiner post::-)

Henning responded:
>>> If you'd ever met Mark, you wouldn't ask that question! :-)
>
> He's a very gentle soul for the most, but 'attention span' and 'Mark
> Rabiner' don't get along easily.
>
> I've enjoyed his company a number of times, as he's visited here
> frequently and I've visited him in Portland when he lived there and had
> dinner at his place. A wonderful photographer and master printer, who
> deserves better than life has generally dealt him.<<<

Hi Henning,
"Mark the Rabiner?" :-) You just gotta love the guy! He's so different from
his writings he may well be the re-incarnation of the headless horseman
himself!;-)

There's only one Mark because the world could only handle one! :-) But he's
one of the most gentle easy going photographer's I know with such remarkable
talent for producing prints that take ones breath away.  And his talent as a
photographer? When you see a collection of his pictures you can't do
anything but hold him in awe.

Rab is one of those very unique people who's talented, imaginative and
writes things so totally off the wall it leaves us asking..... "Mark what
the hell are you talking about?" But we never ask in a negative manner as
it's simply Mark doing Marks' thing.

And as Henning said:
>>A wonderful photographer and master printer,
> who deserves better than life has generally dealt him.<<<

How true!

ted

Replies: Reply from rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra) ([Leica] A night on Route 119 - Dead German - No Head)
Message from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] A night on Route 119 - Dead German - No Head)