Subject: [Leica] TRI-X at 1600
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue Aug 8 18:49:37 2006

Jeffery,
Try Diafine which for many gave an effective ISO of about 1000.
Alternatively, try either DDX or T-Max developer as either will give an
inherent boost to the initial ISO.  Of course, I would recommend Xtol at 1:1
as it give a boost to speed while minimising grain.  Xtol has the usual
water quality concerns and the only 5litre mixes so we are back at DDX or
T-Max which can be found in smaller mixes.

If you can, shoot a roll or Tri-X at 1600 in similar lighting to fine tune
the time/temp before the good stuff gets souped.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com