Subject: [Leica] Another Altered Photo
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Mon Aug 7 09:58:04 2006

There is no doubt this guy screwed the pooch. Unfortunately, his
ineptitude gives credibility to folks like Limbaugh who care less about
facts to begin with. The links I posted to the original and Photoshopped
images show how the smoke is really there, just fading out.  It becomes
the issue rather than the constant and ill-deserved destruction being
visited on the Lebanese.

My guess as to why the fellow did it was to compete well, not fake it.
It had to look dramatic through the lens and less so on his screen. We
all know many times film or pixels won't jump out at us as what we saw.
Maybe I'm giving Mr. Hajj the benefit of too much doubt? Maybe he is
just a young fellow with lots of enthusiasm, lack of experience and more
than his share of cajones. I'm 64 and keep telling my wife I wanna go to
Beirut. :-P  In all honesty that is not far from the truth. At my age I
could be blown up and not miss too many years. At 20 to 30 (which most
of these stringer probably are) there are too many adventures left to
miss and I cross my fingers for all these guys.

Walt

Message from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Another Altered Photo)
Message from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] Another Altered Photo)
Message from dcm at pobox.com (David C. Mason) ([Leica] Another Altered Photo)