Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 30: Amsterdam people, boats and cycles
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed Aug 2 21:47:25 2006

Thanks for looking, Dick. This July was the hottest ever in the
Netherlands (at least since they have been keeping records, which is
more than a century). In Amsterdam the temperatures were often in the
low 30C's (30C = 86F), while further away from the sea, like in
Eindhoven where I work, we had several days reaching 37C (98F). Sales of
air conditioners (which are very uncommon in Dutch homes, as normally
they are not needed) have gone through the roof.

But now we are back to a normal Dutch summer, it has rained the past 2
days ;-)

Nathan