Subject: [Leica] Subway project featured in sponsored section of PDNonline
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Wed Aug 2 01:48:49 2006

May be, but I am serious. As you know, I am on a
photojounalist/photodocumentor kick. I got a few of the books you
recommended (both Eugenes are so damned good!) and in fact, I just picked
up Natchway's Inferno and Richards' Stepping Through the Ashes. I grew up
in NY when I first moved to this country and all my family is still in
NYC/NJ area. Richards' Stepping is the best book I have seen because of his
emphasis on the people. I wish I can do things like that. I muck around
with 777 developer to get that tonal range (and yes it's great), UT2 inkset
of various paper (and you gotta see UT2 ink on Museo Silver Rag, wow!), but
it's like I am just whiling away taking pictures of *safe* subjects rather
than images that really mean something. I don't know.

Note to others: I am not saying B.D. is as good as Smith, Richards,
Natchway, etc. I am not saying anything in that department :-) May be he is
or may be his not.

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Subway project featured in sponsored section of PDNonline)
Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor) ([Leica] Subway project featured in sponsored section of PDNonline)