Subject: [Leica] access and viewpoint (was charlotte observer)
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jul 31 20:21:44 2006

In a message dated 7/31/2006 10:14:53 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
abridge@gmail.com writes:

It seems  to me that reporters these days aren't close enough to  the
edge.

hmmm. I think I see too many reporters, and (invisible to us)  cameramen,
soundmen, and producers risking stuff as sitting dux.

Having been in the line of fire, and in the belly of the beast and even
more
fearfully, under a fiery falling wall, the edge is not something anyone
needs to be close to.  It doesn't improve coverage, it just generates
meaningless
(sometimes posthumous) awards.

Regards,
Sonny