Subject: [Leica] LoupeLens! (was mega lensbaby)
From: faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman)
Date: Mon Jul 31 19:22:04 2006

Well - after all that about lensbabies, I decided to "make" a lens for
myself.

Equipment:
1 Hasselblad -> Leica R adapter
1 small neoprene Zing bag
1 Russian made "Horizon" 4x loupe.
2 zip ties

I slit open the seems of a neoprene Zing bag and cut the bag in half.
I stretched the neoprene material over the front of the adapter and used two
zip ties around the body of the adpater to secure it.
I made a "X" cut into the middle of the neoprene material (smaller than the
body of the loupe)
Finally, I inserted the loupe, eyepiece first, into the cut.
Took about ten minutes.

Focus is from infinity to..well.. really close up.
The neoprene gives the perfect flexibilty and resistance to rapidly 'bellow'
focus.

See first results here: http://tinyurl.com/jvb88
Second pic is a self portrait.

Eric