Subject: [Leica] M7 or MP?
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Mon Jul 31 14:26:48 2006

Once you have had stepless autoexposure, it is hard to go back. If you want
to do anything spontaneous (people or street photography), it's the M7. Or
you could opt for three Zeiss Ikons for the same price.

The MP has merit, though. If I were 30 years younger, I might opt for the
MP. It is the most solid-feeling Leica ever. It feels like it was machined
out of a solid billet of brass. Everyone seems to feel that the M3 was the
epitome of Leica M cameras. I have to go with the MP. And, like the M3, you
have to buy an accessory rewind crank for it. Once you pick up the MP, it's
hard to consider any other rangefinder.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com