Subject: [Leica] Just curious
From: pjleeson at mchsi.com (Philip Leeson)
Date: Fri Jul 28 19:38:20 2006

I have sent various items all over the globe, the only place I have
had trouble is Italy.  I had a Rolleiflex SLR disappear once and had
to refund the payment.
A second time, an enlarging lens went to Italy, sat in the
recipient's post office for a month after numerous delivery attempts
and was eventually returned to Iowa - a pretty cheap round trip, I
guess...
Neither resulted in negative feedback.
I always use paypal, and only use USPS Global Express Mail, this
allows accurate tracking and insurance but usual cost for a 1-2 lb
package is US$60 range.
I find this usually limits international interest.
I really don't think it's laziness, just is a lot easier to ship and
buy in one's own country.
Phil