Subject: [Leica] Re: Contact cleaner
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Thu Jul 27 12:41:29 2006

2006-07-26-19:19:33 Jim Nichols:
> It was on battery contacts in a Radio Shack multimeter that I got in
> trouble with a contact cleaner.  I believe the cleaner was put out under
> the ChannelMaster name.

I recall that back in the day, a classic tuner-cleaner was "Tun-O-Wash",
the original CFC-laden formula...  you'd just hose down the general
vicinity of the TV or radio tuner wiper contacts with the little pointy
tube (do remember to unplug first!), let it dry (poking another small
hole in the sky), and things would probably work just swell again.

These days, for manual scrubbing of contacts, I'm partial to DeoxIT (the
red stuff) from Caig Labs.

Message from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Re: Contact cleaner)