Subject: [Leica] Playing with the Hektor 6,3/2,8cm & Leica IIIF
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Jul 25 07:22:20 2006

On 7/25/06 2:50 AM, "Slobodan Dimitrov" <s.dimitrov@charter.net> typed:

> I've tried just about every developer out there, from mixing my own
> to store bought. But I always find myself going back to D-76.
> One that I do miss is the early T-Max developer. With T-max 120 it
> sure looked like I was shooting 4x5.
>
> Slobodan Dimitrov
> Studio G-8,
> Angels Gate Cultural Center
> http://sdimitrovphoto.com
>

> On Jul 24, 2006, at 10:29 PM, Daniel Ridings wrote:
>
>> It is definitely a different animal. It took me a while to like it,
>> but I've finally come around.
>>
>> In the long run it was easy (for me). I just went back to D76 and all
>> of the sudden the film started doing what I wanted it to do.
>>
>> I'd go so far as to call it a fine-grain film. I get the impression
>> that those who complain about Tri-X's grain haven't used the new
>> version.
>>
>> Daniel
>>

>> On 7/25/06, Slobodan Dimitrov <s.dimitrov@charter.net> wrote:
>>> I've been very pleased with the new Tri-X. It definitely is not my
>>> father's Tri-X.
>>>
>>> Slobodan Dimitrov
>>> Studio G-8,
>>> Angels Gate Cultural Center
>>> http://sdimitrovphoto.com

To me its very hard to talk about the grain of a particular film as its the
film/developer combination which gives you the particularly grain or any
other aspect you are thinking about. And dilution. And not in that order.
Actually I'd put dilution in the front....

"what dilution are your using lately"?
"oh 1:4 seems nice as of late. That's definably my favorite dilution."
"really! and what developer are you using?"
"Oh I've been liking D23 lately its fast and easy and cheap and takes a
licking and keeps on ticking !"
"And what film do you like of late"?
"I like Neopan 400. I think its got meat and potatoes with a fine French
mushroom sauce on the top!"

Mork in New York

Location: Extended StayAmerica White Plains - Elmsford, NY  10523