Subject: [Leica] Focomat 2C and V35: Amazing
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Wed Jul 19 16:04:36 2006

On 19 Jul 2006 at 14:06, Frank Filippone wrote:

> Why do these things draw such high bids?  Are they really THAT good?  What
> makes them so special?  Please tell me it is not the red
> dot syndrome......

My partner and I used one a few years ago to print part of a gallery
show, 16x20 & 20x24 from both 35mm and 6x7 negs, and to tell the
truth neither of us could see any differences in the final prints
from his IIc and my 23C...

It's mostly about the glass, and between his Leicas and my
Schneiders, there's not much to talk about.

--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com

Message from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Focomat 2C and V35: Amazing)