Subject: [Leica] And to add to your day! :-)
From: michael.francis at (Francis, Michael)
Date: Wed Jul 19 11:16:45 2006

Yes I worked with light box and 50mm lens with extension tube, remote
release and the camera was on a tripod - I didn't use a slide holder as
it allowed me to selectively crop an image if required and changing the
slides is very fast. When I get around to doing more of this I'll get a
copy stand to ensure the camera is flat to the slide, but this was cheap
and easy to try out as I had everything on hand. The quality probably
wasn't quite as good as the scans I get from my film scanner (and only
8Mpix rather than 16+) but it was very close and takes 1/60th second for
the exposure rather than 4mins ...