Subject: [Leica] Re: Keeper cameras
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed Jul 19 05:36:16 2006

Leica's and Rolleis are certainly keepers. I also have a Zeiss folder
with a broken shutter. I still shoot film, and will continue to do so,
especially in 35mm.

Although I have plenty of hardware software, scanners and digicams,
etc., sometimes it's just more convenient to drop off a roll and come
back in an hour and have pictures and a photo CD of scans that are
totally adequate for web presentation and making small prints. Plus,
lately my passion has been making smaller prints -- including postcards
-- rather than big prints.

Regarding Rollei, I have a 35S and 2 TLRs. I use the 35 -- which is
pretty convenient -- but haven't used the TLRs in a while. OTOH, there's
a certain something in using a TLR that you'll never get with any modern
camera. It's difficult to explain but those who've used them know what
I'm talking about. That's what makes them classics and I'll never part
with mine. I just have to be in a square mood to use them :-).

The only other "classic" I have, if it can be considered such, is a
Contax T2. I use BW00CN in the Rollei 35 and Porta UC in the Contax.

The Zeiss is a conversation piece, just like my Focomat Ic, which I'm
thinking about converting to a lamp for my den. The Focomat is a work of
art.