Subject: [Leica] Re: New Leica lenses
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu Jul 13 14:17:05 2006

Larry,
Leica is a German company.  Even if there are no future plans currently to
build a full frame dM they would make lenses that will work on a full
frame.  Mostly because they have many hundred thousand cameras out there
that could always use a new lens but also because, being German, you have to
plan to eventualities.

As to their lenses being bigger, the Zeiss offerings are already bigger so I
don't think that will be an issue.  Have you seen the size of the 4/3's
lenses?  A dM will be a petite wonder camera next to DSLR's.

I hope that someone will create a very high quality P&S digital along the
lines of the Nikon 35Ti.  By very high quality I mean using a sensor at
least APS-C size so noise will be naturally low as opposed to noise
reduction low.  A Rollei 35 size camera with a 35-40mm equivalent lens would
make me very happy if I could use ISO 1600 with impunity.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com