Subject: [Leica] Re:Need Wedding Advice
From: jon.stanton at comcast.net (jon.stanton@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Jul 5 18:24:06 2006

I touched on this topic a couple of years ago when my daughter was getting
married. My "It pays the bills" occupation is Tax Accounting...I asked one
of my clients, a working wedding photographer for a quote....Telling me he
was giving me a break answered $5000 but he was booked out for 6 months. He
suggested one of his proteges who only charged $3500. I said I would get
back with him... My ex found a photographer that jobbed out at $200 an hour.
He would shoot, develop the film and turn the negatives over to us to do
with what we wanted...He shot something like 30 rolls of film (Hassalblad)
He billed for 2 hours and gave us 3....Nice guy, good shots and fair deal.
A friend of mine...a working pro that shoots models shot 6 rolls of candids
with his little pocket Contax...every shot was a keeper...shows what
experience and a good eye can do....His fee??   A home cooked meal...

Jon
Oly,WA