Subject: Vedr. [Leica] Advice wanted
From: ftwno1 at yahoo.no (pete)
Date: Mon Jul 3 09:09:47 2006

I have to agree its a great start and she will just do better and better
photographs in the time to come.In the last picture she should remove the
yellow flower growing out of the model's head.In all 3 picutures it is
reflex of the flash. In the 2nd and 3rd i find the use of aperture to be
very good but on the 1st it might be better with soften the fur some.All in
all it is 3 great pictures keep up the great work Juliet.
  Kind regards
  Geir

John Mason <profmason@yahoo.com> skrev:
  Phil wrote:

> My daughter Juliet has a new Pentax *istDL DSLR and
> was asked by a friend to make some portraits in a
> retro-looking Cheesecake glamour style.
> ...let us know what she should be doing to get
> better. ...The three best shots are here:

>http://pswango.smugmug.com/gallery/1624331

I agree with Walt. A great start.

A comment or two. Juliet should make friends with the
healing brush. In glam shots like these, the skin has
to be perfect. Small blemishes are too noticable in
the lollipop photo. I'd probably take out the tattoos
in the other photos. Back in the day, they weren't a
part of this style of photography.

--John

J Mason
Charlottesville, Virginia

DEMOCRACY OF SPEED, a Photo Documentary Project:
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~ds8s/john-m/john-m.html