Subject: [Leica] OT: Pacific Coast Highway
From: jviiret at gmail.com (Justin Viiret)
Date: Sun Jul 2 20:45:07 2006

Hi!

(de-lurking -- hello, everyone, from South Australia)

On 03/07/2006, at 1:57 AM, Tina Manley wrote:

> It's a beautiful photo and, if it is tilted, it's only slightly.
> There's an easy way to find out and correct it in PS.  In Tools, go
> to the Eyedropper drop down menu and select Measure.  You can then
> draw a line along the apparent horizon (either horizontally or, in
> other photos, use a tree or light pole and draw a vertical line).
> Then go to Image>Rotate Canvas>Arbitrary.  It will tell you how
> many degrees off of straight the line is and, if you click OK, it
> will straighten the photo for you.  You may already know this, but
> it's often the only way I can tell if my photos are exactly
> straight.  I tend to tilt them slightly to the right.

Tina, I can't believe I was unaware of the Measure tool and had been
rotating photos by inspection up to now. *Thank you* for posting
this! :)

all the best,
jv

--
Justin Viiret <justin@sprawl.com.au> :: http://jv.sprawl.com.au/
PhD Student, nomadic network consultant, jack of some trades.

Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] OT: Pacific Coast Highway)