Subject: [Leica] all u scanners
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Wed Jun 28 12:35:10 2006

Went to an Epson seminar a couple of years back when they were just
introducing the 4870. Very capable machine but if you are doing 35mm
(and this is the LUG) there is no getting away from a dedicated film
scanner. I'm amazed your 4000 needs replacing unless you do thousands of
scans a week. If that is the case you might wan to consider how long it
will take you to scan 35mm negs on an Epson.

Walt

p.s. my first Nikon Coolscan lasted from 1997 to 2005. I scan a lot, or
at least did at one time.