Subject: [Leica] RE: RE: new posts from Hoppy (Luis Ripoll)
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Jun 27 16:04:36 2006

Thanks, Luis. I am fond of that picture. Along the way to my M, I've enjoyed
owning and using some Contax (Kyocera)cameras with lovely Zeiss designed
lenses. I think that their designs are of a family with the Leicas. I mean
different, but both makes of very good quality.
The sunny sunday was taken with a TVS3, which has a really good 30-60 Vario
Sonnar. Actually I think the only zoom I have on a 35mm. It's an elegant
little travel camera, probably one of the superior 35mm compacts. So sad
that whole class has disappeared (and the Kyocera production of course)

The film was Kodak HD200 CN, also now gone.

The Christmas morning was the Elmar M 2.8 50, in very much softer light
And the border raid a grab shot with Summicron 50.

Thus far in my beginning experience with the M, I am struck by what I see as
absolute fidelity in colour and detail (an Astia world)vs very saturated
warmer images from the HD200 CN in the Contaxes. Very unscientific, I know.

Regards
Hoppy

From: "Luis Ripoll" <luisripoll@telefonica.net>
Subject: RE: [Leica] new posts from Hoppy

Very nice pictures, particularly the second one, it looks for me very Leica
style.

Saludos desde Barcelona
Luis