Subject: [Leica] Re: Shooting practice
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Tue Jun 27 14:27:37 2006

On Jun 27, 2006, at 5:02 PM, Paul wrote:

> Even the person who owns a gun simply for home protection probably
> takes it
> to a shooting range to familiarize themselves with its operation, and
> learn the rudiments of actually firing it.

I wish this were true, but it isn't.  A friend of mine who owns a
Florida sporting goods and gun shop says that many of the householders
who bought guns for protection need advice on how to load them and few
take him up on his offer of gun instruction at a local shooting range.
He offers a once a month sporting goods exchange. Bring your old stuff
in and trade it for newer equipment (plus a slight fee). A large
proportion of the guns returned have never been fired. Just possessing
a gun seems to be sufficient to provide a sense of security for nervous
householders.

Larry Z (a 3 gun, 6 Leica owner)

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Re: Shooting practice)