Subject: [Leica] Wacom Tablet: Graphire or Intuos?
From: lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda)
Date: Sun Jun 25 12:11:10 2006

On 25/06/2006, at 18:39, Robert D. Baron wrote:

> I've decided to get the 4x5 version and the only decision left is
> whether to buy the cheaper (Graphire) model or the higher priced
> Intuos model.

in fact, for PS retouching there is not too much difference.  In fact
for retouching purposes you will do the same with one of those very
cheap signing pads they sell and  using the intuos driver.

The intuos recognize a lot more of pressure levels, has a mouse, more
software, hotkeys, a touchpad, some points for the pen and little
more. nothing of that apart of hotkeys will make anything apart
working in PS. But... I have an Intuos because my nearly 14 years old
artpad never failed until I ended giving up with ADB macs to USB
macs; I just bought the direct replacement because worth it.

Saludos
http://imaginarymagnitude.net/blog/