Subject: [Leica] Racing decals!
From: bussbearm at aei.ca (Robert Beaudoin)
Date: Fri Jun 23 16:47:29 2006

Bonsoir Arche,

  I gotta tell you, looking at your pictures sent me back in the early 70's.
 In 70 and 71-72 I used to collect racing decals!  Friends and I used to
storm local garages begging mechanics for racing decals.  We'd then trade
them and put 'em in albums.  Then we discovered Dan Gurney's all american
racing decals.  That mail order company was a great source for decals.

  Looking at the cars shown in your photos certainly brought back great
memories of roaming the streets of Montreal and Laval on our mustang bicycle
on saturday mornings.  What's more, a couple of months ago while browsing
through an old file cabinet I did find an envelope full of these old decals.
Brand names like STP, Fram, Wynn's and Kendall were our raison d'?tre back
then!  Apparently there is even a collector's market for them now.

  Thanks for, probably unknowingly, triggering beautiful memories.

  Best,

  Robert (Un chevalier sans blason)