Subject: [Leica] South Street Seaport
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Wed Jun 21 19:19:39 2006

Let me add that my first glimpse of that face in the water was
absolutely shocking.  It made me gasp.  Anyone who has ever spent
anytime on boats has had at least one experience that makes the
situation of that guy in the water intensely personal.

I can certainly imagine at least one equivalent for 9/11 that makes
my skin crawl so much that I'm not even going to type it out.  It
would certainly be powerful but I fear more likely to incite a
continual desire for revenge rather than appreciation for heroism.
The Merchant Marine Memorial evokes empathy and respect, not anger.

The Memorial is so powerful I'm astonished in that it  hasn't been
discussed more.

Dick