Subject: [Leica] Re:Panasonic releases the Lumix DMC-L1
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed Jun 21 10:37:20 2006

Thanks B. D., good point - I forgot about the autofocus. Although, for
all the money they put into that damn SLR system you could superimpose
the focusing information over the rangefinder display so the focusing
ring will interact to set the focus point and you'll see the active
"box" shown overlayed over the optical rangefinder. Then you'd be able
to add ISO/f-stop/shutter speed onto the same display while looking
through it at the natural scene. Doing this would HAVE to be cheaper
than those crazy mirrors - and smaller and lighter too.

And in full manual you use the rangefinder...

I do like the anti-shake technology.

Adam