Subject: [Leica] Jupiter recommendation
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Sun Jun 18 20:04:01 2006

Philippe Orlent wrote:
Beautiful colors, Phil.
How do you get them? What film? How do you work in post processing?

Thanks, Philippe.  All the shots in the Jupiter set were on Fuji Superia
400, exposed at ISO 200 and processed and scanned by Fuji Frontier
(Walgreen) at 1200spi.  I don't have a pro-grade film scanner.  For the ones
posted to the website, I usually touch up curves and resize in Picasa 2 to
around 700 pixel max horizontal width, least possible compression.  I don't
change the color settings unless something doesn't look right, but I DO
routinely desaturate slightly to compensate for Picasa's tendency to
oversaturate slightly.  One thought is that I desaturate by eye and may not
be quite compensating for what Picasa has added.  Little or no USM other
than what is applied during the scan.

The only other thing is that I live at an altitude of 5,000 to 6,000 feet
above sea level and a relative humidity of maybe 10-20 percent most days, so
the air is really clear and colors bright.  Also, of course, I shoot with
color in mind and select shots for the web that think will show well. (wink)

I also use Superia for  for b/w.  Another good thing is that it only costs
around $1.50 per 24 exp roll.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE