Subject: [Leica] I just saw the auction of a Focotar-II 100m lens end at above $1200 on the 'bay
From: michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema)
Date: Sun Jun 18 15:01:05 2006

Vick Ko wrote:
> I just saw the auction of a Focotar-II 100m lens end at above $1200 on the
> 'bay
>
> Are there those who use one in this group?  Is it worth that much?
>
> I understand it has a legendary reputation.

Well,

It must be a good lens. But I doubt it is better than a componon-s.
In my opinion this is a collectors item.
Problem with the focomats 2 is that only original Leitz lenses will fit
if you want to keep automatic focusing. So if you want to upgrade, and
keep your automatic focusing, there is only one choice.
On my focomat 1c I replaced the focotar with a componon-s and right away
I say the difference.

Cheers,

Michiel Fokkema