Subject: [Leica] Re: Image honesty?
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Fri Jun 16 08:26:52 2006

On Jun 16, 2006, at 10:29 AM, GeeBee wrote:

> A way to achieve such honesty without resorting to image manipulation,
> thereby preserving professional integrity, is careful choice of
> location:
>
> OM2 SP : Tamron 500mm f8 mirror lens : Agfa Vista 200
> http://www.geebeephoto.com/2006/06118.htm

Graham,

It's a wonderful picture, but honest - hardly. Using a 500 mm lens to
shoot a tight frame of a woman and two cows drastically alters the
geometric representation of the scene. It's in the same league as using
a 15 mm wideangle as a portrait lens. If you mean that using PS to
alter an image is dishonest but unconventional lens choice is not, you
should be writing spin for Tony Blair or George Bush. But then I assume
that you were kidding.

Larry Z