Subject: [Leica] When Leica's English prose goes seriously awry...
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed Jun 14 22:39:00 2006

>From the page about the new "Digital" Leica lenses:

Leica lens book
Read in over than 80 pages about sufficient information on the actual
Leica M and -R lenses. The Leica philosophy on the optical design, the
manufacturing of the lenses and their construction as well as the
universal use are other subjects in this book.

In general I think a major manufacturer should NOT use Babelfish to do
its translation. Or at least they should employ someone who actually
speaks both languages fluently.

There are some real hoots in the R8 motor drive manual too.

Now I admit that I shouldn't toss rocks - but I wouldn't presume to do
a translation of anything into German...

And now back to the Digital M...

Adam

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] When Leica's English prose goes seriously awry...)