Subject: [Leica] Coast to coast travels
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Jun 12 10:39:30 2006

Previously seen on Travels on the road with Elmo:

I've been in a motel for two weeks a mile from my house which has been
gutted, painted and landscaped. And roofed. My house.
Ruuff!

I should have been leaving Portland forever in a blaze of glory yesterday at
11:03 with a new transmission anointed by Ford and a Rabbi the moment of the
full moon around here I'd wanted to see my last rose festival parade
Saturday the van was ready Friday.
But last minute realized I forgot to have my passport renewed!!!!
So I had to stay for Monday morning when the post office is open.

the Wyoming Colorado border crossing  a little tricky with what I hear is
Portlanders luggage strew across the highway was they have various dogs and
cats and gerbils sniff through them to make sure there was no dirty
contaminated underwear being brought across state lines. Or under age
underwear across a state line. Article 18.

Trying to make it from coast to coast would involve zooming low and slow
like a cruise missile to avoid radar and confuse the state police nimbly
hugging the tops of the terrain.

But perhaps the real reason is that I'm going to Germany the last day of
September to see the guys with the wooden mallets put the Leicas together in
Wetzlar and then hitchhike down the road to Solms. {pronounced Zolms) to see
the whole thing go from computer Cad screen to Reinhard the robot in the
next room  fast and deadly accurate with a laser in each holster.

So I'm going to the **** annual LHSA meeting across the pond having not been
to Bavaria since I've been 20 in 1970 and shooting a brick of Kodachrome II
all over Bavaria. I'm going to follow the program and tour I hope the tour
guide wears an orange hat with a pulsing strobe which keys in to my pocket
gps.

Meet Lug nuts and my friends from LHSA one more time.
>From new York which will save airplane fuel.
But not ford econoline Airstream van fuel. Or propane.

Mark Rabiner