Subject: [Leica] Ugh, MP shutter curtain stuck...
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Mon Jun 12 01:45:55 2006

If not white patch, then it is the 2nd curtain.

Is the camera fully cocked?  Try gently to wind it further.  Also activate
the rewind lever, and gently wind it further.

The camera has an interlock that prevents the shutter from being pressed if
the camera is not fully wound.

Also, are you at the end of your film?  This can be cleared if you activate
the rewind lever and try to cock the camera more.

If none of that works, there are some traditional repair scenarios, and one
notorious one is that on very old cameras, the felt light seal would come
off its glue surface and get tangled into the shutter tape.  A disassembly
is required.

Regards,

Vick Ko