Subject: [Leica] Hybrid Imaging & Printing
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sat Jun 10 19:54:56 2006

Tina, if they're not trade secrets, would you please detail the
settings/workflow that you use with your coolscan and also with the Epson
printer for B/W output?

I would really welcome any input from LUG members on these two areas.

I am using Coolscan V both with original Nikon scan software and Vuescan
I have Epson R800 & PSCS2 with Monitor and printer profiled properly
(scanner profile underway).

I am pretty satisfied with output from scanning transparencies and the
printing on Fujifilm Premium Plus Photo paper and Epson premium glossy. I
use the original ink-set. The B/W only alternative inks from third parties
sound promising, but I think I'd need to do that in a separate dedicated
printer. Saving for the Epson 2400.
There's a deal of contradictory opinion out there regarding scanning B/W as
colour neg then grey scale output vs scanning as B/W neg. I tend to favour
as little scanner software manipulation of the scan data as possible
(RGB channels balance, exposure settings etc etc)

Now if I could just get a scanner with a Focotar lens....

Cheers
Hoppy

Message: 7