Subject: [Leica] question...
From: allen.graves at charter.net (Allen Graves)
Date: Thu Jun 8 13:25:38 2006

As I said earlier, I was mostly having fun at his expense. However,
though I thought that he had some good photos, I thought a lot of his
street photos just seemed to miss for me: not quite the right angle
sometimes, lacking a little focus (compositionally, not technically)
,somehow missing in impact etc. I also was left a little flat by his
still life and abstract compositions.  Not bad, mind you, just
uninspired. His technical skills seem quite good. I chose the word
lousy only because he used it first.

I admit that I'm not a big fan of a lot of what passes for current
urban street photography, and perhaps in that world, his work is
"good" . I just felt that his use of" lousy" was a bit strong when
there is so much work posted on this forum is far "better"than his.
His web portfolio seemed tome to be a lot more variable in quality
than some of those posted here.

Allen