Subject: [Leica] Digital Leica M
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed Jun 7 08:14:36 2006

I'm thinking that even "RAW" images involve camera-level processing.
They aren't "pure". So Leica could decide to do some manipulation on
even RAW (or DNG) images.

Since Leica knows the optical formula for these lenses quite well they
could actually do some very crafty optimizations in the background.

Those who have the DMR - which doesn't have an anti-aliasing filter -
does the DMR's RAW file show the results of software anti-aliasing if
it's turned on in the camera? I'd have to think it does. Doug?

Adam

Replies: Reply from schneiderpix at mac.com (Robert Schneider) ([Leica] Digital Leica M)
Message from schneiderpix at mac.com (Robert Schneider) ([Leica] Digital Leica M)