Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 32, Issue 161
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Tue Jun 6 21:54:16 2006

Ken:  One version of the eyes has a little stop--just a metal rod with a
half-circle piece cut off one end.  The cut-out portion fits over the top
plate of the older M6 cameras and earlier.  The M6TTL and M7 are a silly
millimeter taller (two, actually).  So the "stop" prevents you from
mounting the eyes.  Solution:  Unscrew the stop and store it safely
away.  Voila, the eyes fit.

The other version of the eyes have no stop.  Collectors like to match the
version of the eyes to the version of the DR.  For shooting, such niceties
don't matter, they all work.  What does matter is whether the eyes were
bent or knocked out of alignment.

--Peter