Subject: [Leica] Windows
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat Jun 3 00:13:53 2006

That's a big exagerrated, Jayanand. I have to do what you describe with
my children's computers perhaps once a year, because they keep
downloading all sorts of junk, but my own desktop PC is now chugging
along just fine in its fourth year. Admittedly, about 2 1/2 years ago I
screwed up some network settings and lost the internet connection, but
that is to the good--at least there is one computer in the house that
will never be infected with anything ;-)

My Windows laptop is now 1 1/2 years old, I use it every day for e-mail
and browsing, and have not had any problems with the installation.

The Apple Powerbook I bought a few weeks ago does appear cleaner and
more stable.

Nathan