Subject: [Leica] Re: Contaxi redux
From: nickbroberts at yahoo.co.uk (Nick Roberts)
Date: Fri Jun 2 00:27:20 2006

----- Original Message ----
From: Lawrence Zeitlin <lrzeitlin@optonline.net>
To: lug@leica-users.org
Sent: Friday, June 2, 2006 12:17:58 AM

3. I don't take any issue with your comments about Zeiss Ikon's
business model disaster. Unfortunately Leica, having also misjudged the
photographic marketplace is on the same slippery slope. The latest
press release of a 1:1 stock trade with a German holding company augers
ill. Perhaps the company is to be broken up into its component parts.

Larry Z

The stock trade is Leica for Leica - new shares from the recent rights issue
for "old" shares. Quite what that means in this case I'm not sure, but I
would like to know exactly why you say that augurs ill. Oh, and last time I
checked, Salzburg was in Austria, not Germany!

Nick

"Dear Leica friends,

ACM Projektentwicklung GmbH, Salzburg, has today submitted an exchange offer
to all minority shareholders of Leica Camera AG. In the period from June 1,
2006 until the date of admission to official trading of the new shares of
Leica Camera AG in the Official Market of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange, ACM
Projektentwicklung GmbH offers to the shareholders of Leica Camera AG to
have their new shares in Leica Camera AG (ISIN DE000A0EPU72), originating
from the capital increase, exchanged for old stock-exchange listed shares in
Leica Camera AG (ISIN DE000A0EPU98) at a ratio of 1:1 by way of an exchange
agreement. Leica Camera AG is preparing to apply for listing of the new
shares in the Official Market and will presumably submit the listing
application next calendar week. If the listing is effected as planned by
Leica Camera AG the new shares are expected to be included in the ongoing
quotation of the old shares on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange as from June 19,
2006. The offer
 submi!
 tted by ACM Projektentwicklung GmbH is made subject to the existing
capacity and with the reservation that it does not establish a prospectus
publication requirement. Further details of the execution of the offer will
be published by ACM Projektentwicklung GmbH without delay in the electronic
Federal Gazette (elektronischer Bundesanzeiger) and in the B?rsen-Zeitung.

With best regards,
Leica Camera AG
Corporate Communications"