Subject: [Leica] Re: Contax use
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue May 30 17:22:23 2006

Marc,
And for direct experience I have acquired two Contaces and three Kiev's,
none of which worked properly.  After a thorough overhaul of the III and
some coaching I finally got a roll of film through the III and a 47 Kiev.
The problem was that the back was relatively flimsy and the pressure plate
exerted too much pressure on the film causing the take up spool to slip.  I
gained an appreciation for the bottom loading Leica which has always been
easy for me as a cut leader does the trick every time for me.

So, I have the old Sonnar and Biogon out for CLA and will soon have a direct
comparison to a Leica III with the same standing; each set will have been
overhauled recently so the use will be a fair understanding of both series
of cameras in actual use.  I will stand by the quality of lenses available
in 1936.  The Zeiss offerings were superior.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com