Subject: [Leica] RE: dog bird (Steve Barbour)
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Mon May 29 19:44:48 2006

Steve I enjoyed your image of the statue with adornment.
Well timed, exposed and captioned!

I note that you have listed the lens as the pre ASPH Summicron 35.
This is a lens very high on my wish list and you clearly enjoy using it.
The perspective in the stone work (ie vanishing point effect) seems quite
pronounced for a 35. I'm inspired to have a play with that focal length on a
statue locally now. Nothing like trying to rediscover basics to get
inspired.

Also I see that you have used a CN process B&W film.
The grain seems very fine for 400ASA in your scan.
I've only just started to play with HP5, Delta400 and TX400 again after a
VERY long period of shooting all colour neg. All for me exhibit much coarser
grain it seems (self processed in D76/ID11)Of course , not to say that is
necessarily un-desirable.

Have you chosen the BW400CN for processing convenience or more because
you're pleased with its performance?
Have you experimented with shooting CN & then Photoshopping to your desired
BW output?
Thanks again for sharing an enjoyable image.
Hoppy

-

Message: 4