Subject: [Leica] ugh! ugh! nature! it's touching me!
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Mon May 29 11:20:34 2006

went on a riverboat cruise yesterday that left from a botanical gardens. the
riverboat cruise was emminantly forgetable -- it consisted of me staring at
the enormous, lumpy posteriors of about 40 people pressed up against the
glass making cooing noises at what apparantly were large bits of flotsam
streaming out into the rivers from storm drains while i sat in my seat able
to see nothing but sadly neglected, donut fed rump as far as the eye could
roam.

the end could not come swiftly enough. but when it eventually did, i
meandered through the botanical gardens snapping away with the leica d200
and a vivitar 100mm 2.8 macro that i got on ebay for $40. while these all
SAY "bee", none of them are actually of honeybees. there is a bumble bee in
there with some huge pollin saddles, but most of the rest of them are
flowers.

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/lj/2006/bee3.jpg
http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/lj/2006/bee4.jpg
http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/lj/2006/bee5.jpg
http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/lj/2006/bee6.jpg
http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/lj/2006/bee7.jpg

if you tell anybody i was photographing flowers, we're gonna have to step
outside.

just so we're clear on that.

kc

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re:ugh! ugh! nature! it's touching me!)