Subject: [Leica] OT Minox bad news
From: msmall at aya.yale.edu (Marc James Small)
Date: Sat May 27 17:18:50 2006

At 01:57 AM 5/28/06 +0200, Douglas Sharp wrote:
>I didn't know that, thanks Marc.
>obviously it's not such a catastrophe as the magazine makes out.
>Douglas

Doug

Thanks for your kind words.

Film Splitters have been in use for years -- those using Baby Rolleis,. for
isntance, went into them big-time when the major film companies killed 127
a decade or more ago.  I believe Minox film is 11mm in width and so a
simple darkroom tool can be set up to allow the film to be made from, say,
a standard roll of 35mm film, in any emulsion.  Now, trying to do
Kodachrome might be a trip, as I am not certain that the remaining facility
will produce slides in that format.  But, for anything else. you can make
up your own cassettes and go from there.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Message from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] OT Minox bad news)