Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 32, Issue 115
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed May 24 16:56:46 2006

Lawrence Zeitlin wrote:

> On May 24, 2006, at 4:00 PM, Dick wrote:
>
>> Leica lost a lot less money last year than the year before:
>

> But they still lost quite a bit. I expect that they hope to make it up
> in volume.
>
> Much of Leica's income improvement was in binocular sales and the
> sales of laser rangefinders. Camera sales improved less than the
> average of their other lines. Slide projectors dropped off from last
> year's dismal sales. Does anyone project slides anymore?

Yes
A good trick for finding out which slides you want to scan, set up the
projector and screen and run the slides through very fast, if you find
yourself
caught by the look of a particular shot it's probably worth a closer
look - and its a lot easier then playing Quasimodo with a loupe and a
light table.
cheers Douglas